new agents don’t know how to start the business! (Who would?) So, they fill the time with what comes easily.
Do you know the 5 biggest reasons new agents fail? Here they are.
New agents come into the business, excited because they are ‘in business now for themselves’. They don’t have a “boss”. They can organize their time. They look forward to lots of ‘free time’. They’ve also heard one can make lots of money working 20 hours a week. What a dream world! Worse yet, new agents don’t know how to start the business! (Who would?) So, they fill the time with what comes easily. Most of us are afraid of rejection, and fear what will happen if we talk to human beings and ask them to buy real estate from us. So, we stay away from those activities that invite rejection.
What Comes Easily to the New Agent?
We gravitate toward ‘safe’ activities, such as:
- get organized–all day
- attend classes–all day
- preview properties–all week
- observe others–all week
- do research and follow-up
- Play computer and social media
A friend of mine observes that they seem to be “getting ready to get ready”.
The very dangerous thing about agents creating a daily plan without good business-start-up principles, is that they create habits of failure. In effect, they created their own start-up plan—one that assures low production.
Those 5 Big Reasons
1. Wait too long to lead generate–this is the biggest reason of all. They end up with very few leads–and those few leads are poor ones who won’t buy or sell!
Question: When you started your career, in what month did you start lead generating in earnest?
2. Copy other losers–go preview pretty properties, drink coffee, gossip, etc.
Question: How much time did/do you spend in wasting time?
3. Look for someone to provide them ‘leads‘ (no good producer expects leads to be given to them!)
4. Don’t lead generate at all! (They’re waiting for ‘a better way’)
Question: Were you waiting for someone to provide you leads or did you reject lead generating methods for ‘a better way’?
5. Just hate people (these are those who say ‘I like houses; I just hate people’). These are people who shouldn’t be in sales. I surely don’t blame them. I blame whoever hired them for not screening properly. (I know we can’t be right all the time, but we should be using all the tools available to us, like behavioral profiles, to check our interview conclusions).
So, those are my 5 big reasons. What did I miss?
If you’ve been in the business less than 2 years and you’re not getting the success you deserve, you need to give yourself the gift of this program. All the training, coaching, and supporting documents are online, so you can go at your own speed and go back as many times as you want.
How this program is different: It is foundationed with a business start-up plan, so you learn how to self-manage a successful business, not just do non-prioritized activities. And, there’s nothing else to buy–no extra cards that stay in your trunk! (And, there’s a coaching component for your manager so support you every step of the way!).
Check it out and see how you can reach your potential–and beyond!