Most new agents go into the business expecting that their training program will answer every question and prepare them to sell real estate successfully. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. How do I know? About 50% of new agents fail in their first year in the business. So, what’s a training program for if not to prepare an agent for a successful career? Maybe it is just for recruiting? At least, that’s what one owner of a very large franchise told me! As a long-time trainer, though, I don’t think that should be the major goal of a new agent training program. Instead, it SHOULD prepare an agent for a successful career–and assure that career is launched DURING training!
I’m just finalizing my new online program, Up and Running in Real Estate. Here’s what I’ve planned as topics:
- How to create and implement a prioritized start-up plan and follow it to a quick sale and a listing; there’s even a model, finished plan for you to compare and analyze your own progress
- Step-by-step implementation: Each week, you’ll receive your business start-up plan weekly activity checklist. By completing each week’s activities, you’re building a successful business by the week.
- How to prioritize the best sources of leads for you to work smarter, not harder
- Learn 5 best sources of leads and how to contact them with best scripts and dialogues actually role played for you (and in writing)
- How to contact enough leads each week to meet your sales goals
- The lead generating plan provides you a new lead generating strategy weekly
- How to set goals, measure results, and make adjustments to reach your goals
Capture and Keep your Leads
- How to create a database to capture your leads (so you don’t lose any opportunities)
- How to follow up with those leads so you keep your leads
- How to create an on-going marketing plan for your leads so you never lose the opportunity to convert a lead to a client to a ‘sold’
Work with Buyers
- How to develop a complete buyer system to work like the pros
- How to qualify buyers so you don’t waste your time
- How to give a great buyers’ presentation to get raving fans and loyalty forever
- How to prove your value to buyers to get a ‘generous’ commission
- How to help buyers make buying decisions
- How to successfully negotiate the transaction
Work with Sellers
- How to develop a complete seller system to work like a seasoned pro
- How to qualify sellers to get marketable listings
- How to give an exceptional listing presentation to get a right-priced listing
- How to market and service the listing to a successful sale
- How to implement the 5 major sales skills that take a prospect to client to close (with written scripts and dialogues AND video role plays)
- Selling skills: Handling the objections that come up with buyers, sellers, and various lead generating sources
- How to create your unique position in the marketplace to help clients choose you
- How to create added value for your clients to gain confidence in the commissions you want to collect
- How to create an effective time management plan and analyze your activities to save time each day
- The appropriate technology you need to implement your business start-up plan easily
- A technology planner for you to use to save time and money
Your Marketing Plan
- A sample marketing plan for you to use to choose the appropriate marketing methods for you as a newer agent
- Social media: a planner for you to use to integrate social media into your overall marketing plan
- A marketing plan for creating ‘clients for life’
What am I forgetting? Is there a subject that you think new and re-energize-needy agents should have in this program that I haven’t addressed? What can I do to assure that more new agents launch a successful career? Thanks in advance for your comments!
Win a scholarship to my new program, Up and Running in Real Estate.
I’m launching a scholarship program to award 3 new (under 2 years) agents a full scholarship to my new Up and Running in Real Estate program. To find out details, check out my Facebook business page, ‘like’ it, complete the scholarship application. I want to kick off the program with worthy agents who will benefit–and make a lot more money as a result! Scholarship details available May 5.
By the way, the person you designate as your coach will also win a full scholarship, too, as that agent’s coach, and get entry into the Coaches’ Corner.
Here’s more information about the unique, new Up and Running in Real Estate program.