Are you using the old term, “listing presentation” to describe the presentation you give to the seller to list the home? Today, savvy agents are presenting “marketing plans”, not giving listing presentations. Why? Because you want to describe what you’re going to do for the seller in action terms. To get the commissions you expect, you must compete on “added value” issues. These are best stated in your personal marketing plan. Here are 5 points to remember as you create your plan:
1. It’s an action plan—what you will do for the seller
2. It’s specific—it has dates for what will be done and who does it
3. It’s not about what the company will do—it’s about what you will do
4. It is stated either as a checklist, as a calendar of events, and/or in visuals.
5. It has a section on pricing, but the pricing, or market analysis, is only
one part of the plan